Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The cavalry has arrived

So my mom is here to help with Buttercup while I try to get some work done. It works out kind of nicely that she is able to come over a few days a week after she gets off of work at about noon. That gives me the morning with Buttercup and the afternoon to call people for interviews and sit and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for them to call me back.
It usually works out in such a way that after I have taken my mother home for the evening and settle in to play with Buttercup before feeding and getting her ready for bed, my phone starts to ring with all my calls being miraculously returned at once. And then, just for fun, Buttercup decides, right about then, to poop the nastiest, dirtiest, smelliest diaper ever (which, of course, makes her cry) and she can't scream loud enough to tell the world about her distress.
This results in a few, quick, "Can I call you right back's?" as I dash to change baby, soothe baby, and then throw baby (Honey, go long!) at my husband with a bottle ready for him to feed her.
And then just as I sit back down to call my late-night interviews back, I hear my husband calling for a burp cloth.
Be right there, honey! I wasn't doing anything important!

No comments: