Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Par-tay for a princess!

Okay, so it is 3:10 a.m. (yikes!), I just finished writing, editing, and turning in two articles for next month's Metro Parent magazine, and am now searching for birthday party invites for Buttercup.
And I may have struck gold! I really wanted to do a photo invite so family and friends could keep it as a remembrance of this very momentous day, and I finally found one I like. It's from Stork Avenue. Click here to see it.
What do you think? I have to show it to Mr. L tomorrow and if he agrees, I'll be placing an order by next week!
Cool-now I just have to order balloons, the cakes (one gluten-free squash cake for Buttercup and one for the adults), buy kiddie bag stuffs, get the pinata, ask a few relatives to make some appetizers, buy a few kiddie games for the party, find cute thank-you cards that compliment the invites, make a birthday party play list for my iPod (and make sure I have batteries for the iHome2Go), schedule Buttercup's first birthday pics, and breathe....in that order.
I may not live to see tomorrow.

4 comments:

Shelton Sales said...

My little girl will be one, and my husband is turning the 'big 3-0' soon, so I wanted to have an extra special birthday party for both occasions. I spent a long time searching the internet until if found these great sites for http://www.cardsshoppe.com/productlist.asp?catid=2 http://www.express-invitations.com/party_invitations/Party-Invitations-Cards.php and http://www.cardspersonalized.com These sites have cute and unique birthday party invitations, and you can use my own birthday wordings with lots of sample birthday party sayings for me to use. I ordered from http://www.cardsshoppe.com and the birthday invitations cards were beautiful. Everyone loved them!

sara said...

Hey there...I love the card you picked out. I also like the idea of a picture card. Can I have some of the other non squash cake? Oh alright, I promise I'll eat whatever you feed me :-) 3AM..you are a nightowl!

Karyna said...

I''m sooooooo very jealous I'm not going to be there to celebrate Buttercups b-day! (of course thinking I was going to be invited), with my crew of kids. Well at least I have this blog to watch your baby girl grow up. The invitations r so very sweet...Love them.

Pauline said...

Karyna! I'd love for you to be there...But I'm thinking a plane trip with the crew might be a bit much, no?
It's cool, chica. We'll keep in touch here.