Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The plan. Then reality.

Is there a manual for being a WHAM that I am not aware of? You know, like one that tells you exactly what kinds of goodies to stick in the closet with your kids to keep the occupied while you work? One that maybe gives you tips on mind-control tricks to help you ignore the dishes and the laundry and focus specifically on work (you know...while the kids are in the closet?)

Cuz seriously, I am way out of my league right now. I mean, sure I call myself a freelance writer. And yes, I even have a few bylines, both in print and online, to my credit. But truth be told, I'm lucky if I get 3 hours of real work done in a given day, which only makes me feel slightly guilty since I was really only doing 4 out of 8 when I was at my last office job.

I've spent the whole day with a P-L-A-N, and God Damn It! I was going to stick to that plan. It involved phone calls to sources, contacting businesses for potential reviews on my other blog, getting some minimal housework done, and even writing a story!

Lofty goals, I know.

Long story short, I got a load of laundry in, made two phone calls, and then spent the rest of the day trying to peel a baby off of me.

It's now 7:30 p.m., and I have finally resigned myself to the fact that I ain't getting shit done until after Buttercup is in bed. And here I wonder why I'm crazy enough to eventually want to do this all over again with a new baby. (Eventually, mind you. Any family or friends reading this are advised not to get any ideas in their heads.)

So wht do you think? Would "Work at Home Freelancing Momma who Can Only Get Work Done When Her Kid's Asleep" too long of a title to slap on a business card?

Photobucket

No comments: