Friday, September 12, 2008

the profound, the forgetful

I swear that I had a moment earlier today that I thought was so profound that I really needed to blog about it. Then I blinked and forgot what it was I wanted to blog about. I consider myself ahead of the game because this time, at least, I actually remembered having had said moment.

Buttercup and I spent the day joinging in on a new mommy playgroup we found and running errands. That and cleaning the kitchen.

And yeah, I didn't do a single thing related to freelance writing today. (And no, I don't count blogging since I'm not paying any bills with it.) I meant to write. I even wanted to write. But sometimes the part of me who enjoys being home more than I enjoy whoring myself out to prospective writing clients just wins the battle for how I plan the day. And today, well...playtime reigned supreme.

Tomorrow I am following up with one possible freelance client to see if well, they want me to write for them or not. I'm hoping they say yes, and will do much rejoicing should that be the case. If not, anyone hiring an over-qualified waitress?

Until then, I've got more contests and reviews up at Berrie Sweet Picks, and I'm off to find my sanity. Have you seen it?

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a hilarious post! I agree with you that playground time had to take precedence today. Those moments are important. I'm glad you had a fun afternoon. You can get to writing tomorrow. Good luck landing that prospective freelancing client!

Anonymous said...

What a hilarious post! I agree with you that playground time had to take precedence today. Those moments are important. I'm glad you had a fun afternoon. You can get to writing tomorrow. Good luck landing that prospective freelancing client!