Wednesday, September 5, 2007

It's about time

I've been sitting here staring at this blank box for close to an hour now, waiting for some epiphany to come to me so that I could post and share my wisdom with those lucky enough to come across my blog. So far....nothing.
Damn.
So I'll just have to go with the simple truths I already know:
My name is Pauline Mercedes Lupercio (and NO---the middle name has nothing to do with the freakin' car! It actually means "Mercy" in Spanish, thank you very much!) and I am currently 29 and counting.
(Cue the "Jeopardy" theme as I begin to twiddle my thumbs again...)
Great. I'm already running out of material. No, seriously.
Anyway, my status as a first-time mom kinda booted me out of my safe little haven of misery and self-imposed despair and into the real-wide world of THOSE WHO ATTEMPT TO MAKE THEIR DREAMS COME TRUE. You see, I have wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom/freelance writer/best-selling author since, like, forever. I was just too scared to actually make the leap.
Then came baby.
So here I am...two weeks into quitting my job. My house is a mess, I have forgotten how to apply lipstick, my work clothes now consist of spit-up covered jammies and I am coming to the conclusion that I should be publicly flogged. Sure, I have some steady assignments starting to roll in here (and a pretty cool gig as Managing Editor for MI Dog Magazine) but a baby at home makes showering a major accomplishment...so this freelancing thing is going to have to take some serious thought on my part.
So adding more work (like creating and maintaining a blog) only made total sense, right?
Right.
We'll see how it goes. Will I survive my new world of deadlines and diapers? I'll keep you posted. I have a feeling it's gonna get interesting.

No comments: