Saturday, April 5, 2008

Repost: /kickin' it at the mall

(The post I had to yank earlier due to comment spam.)
I took Thursday off and Buttercup and I spent a very long day at our local mall attraction, Great Lakes Crossing. With Sonya, my sister and Buttercup's madrina (godmother) in tow, we arrived at 1 and got home at 10 p.m. So I technically put in an hour's worth of overtime in my shopping excursion.
I got a few things for me, like a pair of new Crocs, which I love. But mostly, it was stuff for Buttercup and my sister, Veronica's kids, who are 2,1, and 2 months. (Yep, you read that correctly. And no, I'm nowhere near following in those footsteps!)
We had a good time, alternating between Buttercup's Graco and the Ergo baby carrier I am currently reviewing for an upcoming Five Fabulous Finds column. So far, I will say that I am pleasantly surprised with the Ergo. I'm a Baby K'Tan devotee (also a future Five Fab Finds item), and was positive nothing could measure up to my K'tan.
Well, the Ergo can't even be compared. It's not better, just different and good for different uses. And it's a good thing I had it with me, as Buttercup is a fan of being worn by her Momma, and refuses to nap in the stroller. (That's okay by me, too, by the way. She's still small enough and I love cuddling.)
I tried taking a few shots of me carrying Buttercup in the Ergo via a full length mirror, but I got too much flash fee dback so I'll have to try posting a pic the next time I wear her (most likely tomorrow on a shopping trip for Mr. L's work clothes.)

We did, however get a few cute pics of Buttercup just kickin' back in her stroller and trying on her new infant Detroit Lion's baseball cap, purchased in honor of her Guelo (and yes, it's pink.)
And as a totally fun PS on this post, Buttercup stood on her own for the first time today! It was only for like 2 seconds before she lost her balance and landed on her bottom, but it was the cutest thing!

No comments: