Friday, October 17, 2008

Why did I even bother (and other world's smallest violin tales)

Okay, I have a confession to make. It's not a juicy one and yes, Buttercup was spared the required Morrie Povich "Baby Daddy" special when we were able to cancel the DNA test as signs are quite evident who she belongs to (Cuz "I know" is genetically-programmed response to the "You're so cute!" statement in one family that I have ever married into met.)

So no, my confession is not sexy. In fact, it's downright pathetic.

See, I apparantly suck at trying to raise money online for any charity worth a pinch. As a kid, I could sell the hell out of some candy bars to pay my way to high school band trip after trip, but now? Nothing.

I'm trying to raise money for the DonorsChoose.org Blogger Challenge here and over here at Berrie Sweet Picks, and so far, I have raised a grand total of $5. Yep, I helped some classroom in need buy a pack of pencils and a box of crayons.

Realistically, I know that every little bit helps, but I have to be honest and tell ya that I feel like an ass. I tried enticing donations out of people with contests like this one, this one, or this one, and either my prizes suck or people just don't care.

So single, awesome, and incredible donor? Thanks for getting me started, and you have no idea how much I appreciate your donation. And Donor's Choose? Sorry about the fact that I suck at raising money. I'll keep trying, but things are seriously not looking good.

(Oh, and for those that care, I should be back home tomorrow, so we will then resume to the normally scheduled blogging program.)

Photobucket

No comments: