Thursday, December 11, 2008

I got sparkplugged: The sequel

Talk about a rush! After months of dragging my feet with "I wish I could" and "I wanna do that" I finally got together with my girlfriend and former newsroom colleague for a marathon business brainstorming session.

We started at 7 and moved from the coffee shop to a restaurant bar and I got home at midnight! After much discussion, we decided to start two writing businesses and then purchased the available domain names before someone else could gobble them up.

I'll give a little taste of what's to come, but will save the rest for when we are up and running.

The first business will be called The Lively Times and will offer families, businesses, and interested parties one to four page newsletter options, made to look like a newspaper and complete with stories we write and provided photos--perfect for birth announcements, keeping in touch with long distance relatives, and business announcements.

The second is PMC Writing Services, and will offer clients personal writing services which include wedding vows, eulogies, resumes and cover letters, and much more.

See? Told you we got a lot done!

I'l be tired in the morning but it was so worth it! But before I go to bed, I'd like to give a big thank you to Sparkplugging and their Freelance Parent channel for getting me, well, sparkplugged!


Photobucket

No comments: