Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hope for Post Partum Depression sufferers



It's 4 a.m. and I am, understandably exhausted. I just finished a tough round of assignments (well, mostly, anyway) and am ready to crash for a few precious hours before teething Buttercup wakes me up at 7 a.m.
But before I go, let me share a bit of information about The Tree of Hope Foundation, which I have written about for Metro Parent Magazine. Since the piece I wrote is for print publication only, I wanted to let you know about it here.
The Tree of Hope was founded in 2005 with the goal of raising awareness and supporting research for Post Partum Depression by Pam Moffitt after her sister-in-law took her own life and that of her five-week-old daughter in July of 2004.
Based in Saint Clair Shores, MI, the foundation has spread throughout the Metro Detroit Area to help women in need. Tree of Hope has an upcoming event called Step Up for Hope, a rain or shine walk or run fundraiser scheduled for June 21 at Metro Beach in Harrison Township. Even if you are not local, please consider donating to this wonderful group here. You also can check out their web site here. There are so many more women to help, and Tree of Hope needs your help to spread their message.
Have a blessed night.

No comments: